Scott told us about his Subaru:

"It indicates instantaneous MPG (which is useless because it jumps with
every
twitch of the gas pedal) or average MPG since last reset. It consistently
reads about 1/2 to 1 MPG high based on manual calculations at each fill up."

I wondered about that. I watch the one on my E320 and wondered how accurate
it is. Anyone know?
I'm going up to see my pa next week. I'll be driving up in northern AZ on
nice two lane mountain roads. I'll keep tabs on what the computer tells me
then compare it to real old school fill up data.

Bob R
'05 E320 46K
'87 Acura Legend 192K
'77 300D 192K