I heard several stories about hitting a moose at Forestry Canada
while I was doing my post-doc there.  One fellow drove his MG midget
UNDER one, only thing that happened was he got moose fur in the top
clamps since the top was down.  Very lucky, it'd have been squashed
flat if the moose had fallen other.

The other story involved our resident squeamish "I couldn't kill a
fly" type having to use a fire ax to kill a moose after our resident
lunatic Frenchman hit it -- Frenchie got sick to his somach and they
didn't have a rifle with them, hence the fire ax.  Brad was green for
two weeks after than, but they couldn't leave it, both front legs
were broken.  The right corner of the truck cab as all bashed in, too.

Peter