They obviously have no problem copying designs that work well for other car
companies.  There's look-alike MB grills and headlight for example.  Of
course, it take more than similar sheetmetal to make a quality product.

There's just *one* change needed to the way they test their products - as
Don Snook suggested - 100k is a piece of cake - let's see how their products
work after 5-10 years of service or 200k miles - with proper servicing of
course.

IMHO the road tests/evaluations done by car magazines have limited value.
True, if the door handle falls off when the car is less than a month old, it
is telling us something important.  But IMO virtually *any* car maker can
produce a car with none or very few problems when it's got only a few
hundred mile on it.

Anyway - I agree - Hyundai and KIA learned their lessons well and changed
their product to suit Americans.

Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
800-583-8601