Well, you hit on where I was going with that. Looking back at history for
a comparison, the Koreans are breaking into the market much the same way the
japanese did roughly 30 years ago - making something at least as good
for less and standing behind it.

I don't care for anything coming to market from Korea, but we're all in the
minority that doesn't view a car as strictly an appliance. For the majority
that dumps a car before it racks up 100k, low capital expense and a warranty
that covers you until you dump it is VERY attractive, and the cars don't seem
to be noticeably worse (or better) than things costing 10-200% more.