I already posted this earlier on banned so some of you may have seen it. I have
banned on the computer at home and
the main list on the one at the office so the two never meet.

In any event, one of the things that I have been advised to do by the list, is
to change the brake fluid. I had the
rear wheels off on Saturday so I bled the back brakes. The old fashioned way -
my wife sat in the car and pressed
the brake pedal when I asked her to and let it up when I asked her to while I
opened and closed the bleed valves. I
tried to drain the resevoir down pretty good in order to get new fluid in, and
then bled it again. I have not yet
done the front wheels.

In any event, I have now created an issue as the brake light will not go out on
the dash. I have looked at the
owner's manual and it tells me that the light will come on if the fuid is low
or if the brakes are leaking. I have
also looked through the cd service manual and it comments in a similar fashion
but does not tell me how to re-set
once the light is on.

I note that there is a switch on the resevoir and I assume there is a float
attached to some sort of rod on the
back part of the resevoir under the little rubber cap. I have pushed up down on
that a couple of times in the hope
that it would pop back up. The resevoir appears to be full of fluid. I have
also rapped on the side of the resevoir
with a screw driver handle to no avail.

The brakes appear to be normal so I do not think it is telling me anything but
has been triggered by my
intervention and is stuck on.

I drove the car to Grand Forks, North Dakota and back on Monday - about  250
miles round trip at highway speeds.
Vibration has not corrected my problem as I hoped it might.

So, I am about to look closer.

I just wondered if anyone had experienced this and had any sage words of advice.

Randy

By the way - it ran real nice on the highway. 4 of us in the car and the trunk
full on the way home. It did not
seem to mind 70 mph and I had to keep backing off as I would have ended up
going 80 mph.

Driving them is obviously good for them as I do not think it would have done
that when I got it. That was about 7K
miles ago and some of that has been highway travel so I appear to have cleaned
out the carbon.