-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Peter Frederick
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 11:02 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] brake light in the dash on 115 300D

Those little floats sometimes sink.  Also, can you see fluid on the rear
chamber of the reservoir?  It can be
difficult to fill the rear sometimes, you have to overflow the front side into
the rear, although I don't think
that particular one is really bad.  Try unplugging the sensor wires -- if the
light goes out, the switch it stuck,
the float is sunk, or, as in my brother's 300D, it fell off the pin and is not
floating beside it!  You will have
to remove the cap that holds the sensor in, and I don't remember if it pries
off or screws off.

And don't forget that the parking brake uses the same lamp.  Pedal might not be
all the way up.

Peter