That dumb off-the-cuff comment about 100 years in Iraq -- totally
misinterpreted by the press and one that even I, a Democrat Party official
could defend -- will be his downfall. And then there is going to be the
Keating Five thing. McCain was probably blameless (we shall never know) but
there will be some non-Party PAC ads that he will have to defend, taking him
off-message.

Now, if McCain can convince voters that he is more Dem the Rep, that might
be his ace in the hole and could win him the election. That could shake off
some of the Bush baggage that he will have to carry during the election
cycle.

As for the Libertarian candidate, I am pretty close to jumping to them from
time to time. Still have the Party card in my wallet (I even paid them some
$$$ a while back). If they were viable in the election it would be one
thing. But since they aren't I need to go with someone who has a chance of
winning.

This election, there will be an Obama sign in my yard.

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Wonko the Sane wrote:
> >
> > So, you are saying that "your team" will not bother to vote?
>
> Are you accusing me of being a Repugnant just because I voted for
> the neo-Fuhrer in 2000?
>
> I do think that when McLame was discussing a party change with the Dems in
> 2001 he should have done it. He's always been closer to the Demonrat
> platform
> than the Repugnant one.
>
> My team is at http://www.lp.org/  Unfortunately, they decided that since
> there was no Repugnant candidate still in the race they'd have to field
> one.
> Now my choices are limited to voting for the Repug in Libertarian clothing,
> Bob Barr (actually a better R choice than any who actually ran except for
> Ron Paul and Alan Keyes), writing in Ron Paul, or taking a look at whoever
> the Constitution Party nominates.
>
> Mitch.

LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/