-----Original Message-----

From: OK Don <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Sent: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 6:59 pm

Subject: Re: [MBZ] 87 300D head gasket

?

You have at least one broken exhaust stud now, the one on the end of the longer
exhaust manifold piece.? I have never heard of any 603 head that did not have a
broken stud there.? What's odd is they break but they don't fall out!

?

Put a wrench on it and see.

?

Jim in Phoenix

??And I suppose that we'll have to strip the head to send it to the shop  - I
was hoping to avoid having to borrow the pre-chamber puller, risk  breaking
exhaust studs, etc., but I guess it is the prudent thing to  do - sigh.    On
Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 9:15 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > with the head off you still need to send it off to be checked at the
> very least.  Might be warped, might have cracks you cant see  >      --
  OK Don, KD5NRO  Norman, OK  "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies,
and statistics."  -Benjamin Disraeli and/or Mark Twain  '90 300D (Rattled), '92
300D (Saber), ' '81 240D (Gramps), '97 Ply  Grand Voyager (Vincent van-go)