Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:28:42 -0400
From: "dave walton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Truck Buying Advice
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Banned <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Driving an empty pickup truck around makes no sense and will make less
sense as fuel prices increase. Get a car for commuting (Jetta TDI) and
a real truck for hauling. I like the little cab-forward Isuzu diesels
for hauling. They drive like a car and the smallest ones can take at
least 5 tons in the back and give you 15mpg loaded. The savings in
fuel will offset increased costs of maintaining 2 vehicles. If in
doubt, buy ramps so you can haul your Jetta with the Isuzu when
needed.

Thinking you need to drive a truck all the time "just in case I need
it" is part of why gas costs $4/gallon now.

-Dave Walton