Good thing the new evaporator has a new expansion valve on it, eh?

Actually, they aren't THAT bad so long as you are very careful to get
the allen wrench properly seated in the two screws that hold the
valve to the evaporator.

I'll be challanging myself with this over the weekend or early next
week, as I plan to attempt a flush of my evaporator and want to
change the o-rings in any case -- new compressor and receiver/dryer
with a filter in the hose set -- don't see much point in NOT changing
all the o-rings at the same time!

With any luck, I'll have a working ACC in a few days.

Peter