Hi folks,

I have an 84 300DT, it has a long history of air in the fuel line challenges.

I have replaced the tank strainer, the filters and the fuel lines.  It ran
great for about two months.  (Can anyone tell me the logic/engineering
reasoning behind a cigar hose by the way?)

Now, I am having the same challenges again.  I am thinking that perhaps it is
the primer pump that is bad.

I notice that this primer pump is one of the newer types.   I don't care for it
and want to go back to the older type.

Can I revert back to the old type by simply changing the pump or do I have to
change out the entire primer pump assembly as well?

For those of you that provided information concerning the fuel types and
quantities for my 85 300CDT I surely want to thank all of you.

Dave H...