From: "Curt Raymond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Strange Radio Connections

Its not strange at all, wire 2 test lights in series, do they both light?
Same thing...

-Curt

Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:43:34 -0400
From: "LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

I decided to rewire the subject radio to see if I could get things working
properly.

There are 2 sets of wires - one set for the speakers, another set for power
and accessories like cell phone mute and power antenna. The only wires I
used were the battery Positive, ignition and ground. I rand a new wire from
the bat + to the Yellow wire on the radio - per the picture on the radio,
then found the ign on hot wire using my test light and hooked that to the
red wire.

Only thing left was the black wire which showed it going to battery negative
in the picture. I ran it to a chassis ground - when I saw the spark I used
my test light to see how 'hot' it was - lit the light completely!

But the radio will not work without that black wire attached to ground! I
never saw anythng like this before, hence my concern.

Nothing seems to get hot and everything works - no fuses blown and the
correct size fuses are in place. I'll leave it like this until some smokes
gets out I guess -

Thx for the help - very appreciated -

Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS! youroil.net