Yvan Dutil wrote:

>I have myself a slow computer by today standards (a pentium 133). However,
>at some point I will have to give up the search for prime since the
>calculation will be just to long. I dont think calculation time over
>6 month are pratical. When the smallest candidate prime available will take
>that long to test on mycomputer, I will just give up. I may go on
>factorisation
>only.

You might consider to switch to another maths project, for example PiHex,
to figure out some hexits of Pi (± 3.14 in decimal notation). You can find
the project on http://www.mersenne.org as well. The software is written by
a Canadian!

I think some projects will yield a reasonable ranking easier than others.
Just try yourself, for I know the problem. My snail (P 133) needs about two
months to perform a single LL test in the 5 million range.

Best regards, Nico Sterk 8-)