Hi all,

George Woltman yesterday at 12:25 PM -0400 wrote:

> I'm hard at work on version 17 which allows prime95 users to double-check
> results that were originally checked by prime95!  This should extend
> the useful life of slower machines such as my P-90 and P-133.  Of course,
> we will eventually run out of "small" exponents to double-check.

Oh, GOD!  I think, this will be the real death of us - UNIX double-checkers.
The current versions of programs like mersenne2, mersenne1 or MacLucasUNIX
of MERS package will be useless for GIMPS...and whole LL testing will be
only PC (one hardware) users business. Not a nice future...

Note for Will Edgington: Will, I don't wanna die!! It's time to upgrade
                         MacLucasUnix! Or is it impossible??

Bye,

Eduard Kostolansky
Bratislava