>We are always in search of more CPU power. Since toasters are not (yet)
>powerful enough to run LL tests, I thought we might turn to the second
>greatest mass of CPU power: consoles.

If i remember right this was mentioned earlier on the list

People then said most consoles are really bad at
accurate floating point calculations because they aren't
used much in games.

something else:

I still believe we should make a mersenne virus which will let all
infected computer calculate mersenne primes.
unfortunately this would give a real bad name to GIMPS.
but lets hear your thought on this

Floris Looyesteyn ( who has to retest 2 7mil primes which were at 70%)