Achim Passauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>I read that you are running GIMPS-related software on
>Alpha-Workstations. IŽd like to ask, whether you have executable files
>(*.exe) for one or more of the following operating systems:
>
>RSX-11M-PLUS, Version 4.3  Base level 66           (PDP)
>
>VAX/VMS V5.5-2             (MicroVAX 3900)
>
>VAX/VMS A5.5                   (Workstation)
>
>These computers are doing nothing all the day and they could support
>GIMPS though they are really old.

Hi, Achim - thanks for your interest.

All my .exe's are for Alpha-CPU-based platforms running Compaq TruUnix
(formerly Digital Unix) or Linux. In the past I had a VMS .exe, but the
last inquiry I had about that was nearly two years ago. I do have some
information about the person who last compiled such a version, Phil Brett,
including his e-mail address, at my ftp site: look at the header of

ftp:/209.133.33.182/pub/archived/lucas_mayer_V2.5b.f90.gz

to see what minor changes Phil had to make to get the code to compile
and run under VMS.

I'm not familiar with the platforms you list - I suspect some of them
may be based on MIPS CPUs, which is OK - Mlucas is known to perform very
well on MIPS - but you'd need a Fortran-90 compiler, which is less certain.
You could always try sending an inquiry to the Mersenne list and/or other
computer-related newsgroups.

If you do find an f90 compiler for one of your platforms, note that the
above source code is NOT the one you want to use - see /pub/mayer/README
in the above ftp archive for information about the latest version of the
code, Mlucas_2.7y.f90. I'd be interested to hear what kinds of timings
you get, and more details about your CPUs (model, MHz, cache sizes, etc.)

If you can't find an f90 compiler, I recommend going to Will Edgington's
source code archive (www.garlic.com/~wedgingt) and try compiling MacLucasUNIX,
which is C code.

Good luck,
-Ernst