All this talk about PC's running 24/7 has convinced me of the
reliability of processors.  It's been my thoughts that if your computer
is on, it's always running at full speed, whether or not you're running
Prime95.
I've always left my computers on all the time, and never had a problem.
This reliability got me thinking about any other appliances that have
the same level of reliability.

For example, I remember reading an article about light bulbs which said
that if you leave a light bulb on continuously, it will last much longer
due to the fact that the the filament doesn't contract when it gets
cold.

I suppose my question is whether or not it's more of a risk to your
processor in allowing it to cool off regularly than leaving it on 24/7?

Thanks,
Ryan McGarry