George Woltman wrote:
>       In my new benchmarking page I'd like to create a form that
>takes CPU type, CPU speed, and exponent and returns the estimated
>number of days to complete the exponent.  I hope this will help
>newcomers understand how much effort is required before joining
>GIMPS.
>       Can this be done in Javascript (both MSIE and Netscape)?
>Can it be done on the client side (i.e without a "Submit" button
>and CGI)?
>If so, would someone care to volunteer to write the necessary script
>using three or four lines from the http://www.mersenne.org/bench.htm
>table and I'll fill in the rest?

George,

I've come up with a dynamic javascript form for the purpose.  It
needs a little more work to be done.  I'm converting the numerous
'if' statements into an array lookup, and making it calculate out
more than just days...  I should have it fixed up within two
or three days....  I'll send it to you when it's finished to your
opinion at that time!

Eric