CPU overheating?

Have you opened the case, and checked the condition of the CPU fan? It sounds as if
the CPU is overheating once the FPU warms up. Is your heatsink sufficient? Is it full
of dust? Open it up while the machine is running and check that the fan really is
spinning, and at a decent speed.

"Steinar H. Gunderson" wrote:
> After being away for five days recently, I noticed that my computer
> (running Linux kernel 2.4.1, by the way -- 2.4.2 now) had rebooted.
> Just a few hours later, it rebooted again -- and that night, it rebooted
> _again_.
>
> If I turn off mprime (v20), the problem goes away -- the computer
> doesn't reboot, at least not the 36 hours I tested. After I start
> mprime, it reboots in just a couple of minutes now.

Yours,

======= Gareth Randall =======