Mary Conner wrote:

> It's very unlikely that particular exponent will get poached.  But in
> general, the best way to avoid poachers is to avoid looking like a
> newbie.  If you are running Prime95, set your Options-->Preferences-->Days
> between sending new end dates value lower, down to 1 if that is possible

Done. Thanks.

> (doesn't matter if you don't log in every day, if you miss a day it just
> means that Prime95 will check your exponent in the next time you
> connect).  You also have a "default" account name of S followed by five
> digits, and a "default" computer name of C followed by an eight digit hex
> number.  Change those to something more personalized.

I wanted to, but it wasn't clear to me whether it was considered good or
bad manners. One never knows what are the rules of savoir-vivre in the
community he joined few days ago.
Now I know I have a free hand :-)

> The way things stand right now, completely avoiding poachers is not
> possible if you have any exponents that are close to the top of the
> Assigned Exponents Report.  Most of them will stay away if an exponent is
> being checked in frequently and showing progress.  If you go on vacation
> for a couple of weeks and don't log in during that time, you could return
> to find your exponent poached, though.

But if I use 'Vacation or Holiday' option at least my completion date will
be postponed?

> I really hope that the people who
> are poaching are reading this list, and will scurry away from the light
> being shed on this matter.

One more question, if I may. If I want to change my scheduled work shall I
use 'Unreserve Exponent' feature or simply delete the proper line from
worktodo.ini?

Thank You very much for Your help,
--
 Maciej Hrynczyszyn                                               Nada.