On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Maciej Hrynczyszyn wrote:
> But if I use 'Vacation or Holiday' option at least my completion date will
> be postponed?

If you uncheck the "computer will be on during your absence" box, it
should adjust your completion date.  The bigger problem is that not having
checked the exponent in with PrimeNet during that time will attract the
attention of poachers just as checking in infrequently does.  Trying to
sneakernet or do occasional manual checkins is probably futile.  I know of
at least one GIMPS participant who is considering removing his slower Mac
boxes from GIMPS because of the poaching risk surrounding the smaller
exponents his machines can reasonably handle.  Better to put them on
another distributed computing project where his CPU will not be wasted,
but GIMPS loses.

> One more question, if I may. If I want to change my scheduled work shall I
> use 'Unreserve Exponent' feature or simply delete the proper line from
> worktodo.ini?

Use the Unreserve Exponent feature (or web page).  Deleting the line from
the worktodo does not unreserve it from PrimeNet.