Hi,

> >This difficult could also dissappear making the second test over the same
> >exponent. We then get the L-L and double check at once. Remember the
> > scheme Prime95 uses to make double check is to shift initally a random
> > number of bits.
>
> Testing a number in parallel with itself is obviously a bad idea if there
> occurs an undetected error. :-)

I also think it would no be as solid as two L-L running on two machines, once
said that, I can't imagine an error giving the same residue in both streams
with two different random starting point bits. This independence is the
base of all Double-check made with Prime95 for the exponents tested with the
same program. The risk of matching residues by casualty is negligible (almost
 2^(-64) ~ 0).

This way the v.19 bug would be discovered inmediately, because any residue
wouldn't match..

Regards.

Guillermo.