Well sure, I mean you could, in theory, take the gui part of prime95 and
make it a standalone thing, perhaps getting the vitals using snmp or wmi
or some other such thing.

The service part though, especially for multi-cpu, does need to be paid
attention to in the code itself, allowing multiple instances to run,
with certain cpu affinities being set, etc.

Since most of those functions for the practical operation are in place,
I doubt George has *that* much extra work (although it is tricky, and we
all appreciate it).

It would be cool to have the stats available via some other method, so
other "front-ends", as you say, could read that info and display it in
some creative way.  Nothing like the SETI screen saver, although hey,
why not, if someone wanted to.  Yeah, screen savers reduce how much cpu
time is available for calculations, but if it gets someone to run
Prime95 that wouldn't have before, *some* cpu time is better than none
at least.