On 03/01/2013 09:30 PM, Nicholas Miell wrote:
On 03/01/2013 03:14 PM, Ian Romanick wrote:
New Procedures and Functions

     Bool glXQueryRendererIntegerMESA(Display *dpy, int screen,
                                      int renderer, int attribute,
                                      unsigned int *value);
     Bool glXQueryCurrentRendererIntegerMESA(int attribute, unsigned int
*value);

Should these have ARB_robustness-style buffer size parameters?

Hmm... many queries don't have size parameters, even with ARB_robustness, because the amount of data returned is always knowable in advance. See issue #6 in that spec. In the (as yet unposted) piglit tests, I have a couple tests that make sure the queries don't return too much data.

Adding a size parameter might make it more future proof, but I'm having trouble even imagining a query that would be appropriate for this extension and have a variable payload. Either way, I can add it as an issue.