On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Brian Paul wrote:

> Just got a note from Zoid at Id.  He's working on Quake3 with Mesa
> for Linux.  Evidently there's a big performance problem when using
> the glPolygonOffset feature.  He said Mesa 2.6 works fine but 3.0
> is really slow.

Of course, it doesn't work at all on the GLIDE version of Mesa.
There was a thread about this a while back.  If Quake3 will use
glPolygonOffset extensively then we'd better start thinking about
putting it into the GLIDE driver.  Slow is a lot better than
not-implemented.

Steve Baker                (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
Raytheon Systems Inc.      (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.hti.com
Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1