Brian Paul wrote:

> I'd like to make a 3.1 beta 3 release by the end of next week.
> There have been quite a few bug fixes since beta 2 but I'm not
> quite confident enough that a final release is appropriate yet.
> I'd like to do more conformance testing and get more end user
> feedback.

        Sound great to me.  I have a reasonable stable GGIMesa in CVS right
now, and it would be nice to get a beta release out there which reflects
this.

> Here's another issue.  There's an effort underway to standardize
> the OpenGL environment on Linux.

        ...Which explicitly states that this "standardization effort" is
predicated on the existence and use of X/GLX, and hence is not relevant
for me.  I just hope that non-X-based Mesa stuff does not get screwed
over in the process....

Jon