On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Jon Taylor wrote:

> > Here's another issue.  There's an effort underway to standardize
> > the OpenGL environment on Linux.
>
>       ...Which explicitly states that this "standardization effort" is
> predicated on the existence and use of X/GLX, and hence is not relevant
> for me.  I just hope that non-X-based Mesa stuff does not get screwed
> over in the process....

Well, all of the hardware OpenGL implementations for Linux
look like being GLX-based - the only holdouts being the
Voodoo-1/2's that *can't* be integrated into X.

I think you may be out of luck as far as hardware-based
rendering is concerned.

Steve Baker                (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
Raytheon Systems Inc.      (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.hti.com
Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1