Once upon a time, there was talk of converting some parts of Mesa to
C++.  This was killed for a number of reasons, and these fell into
basically two categories:

1. C++ would make the drivers worse.

2. Linking with C++ libraries causes problems with applications.

So far, a fair portion of my GLSL compiler work has been re-creating a
C++-like object heirarchy and management system.  Frankly, the code
would be much better (for all definitions of better) if I could just
use C++.

Has issue #2 been resolved?  I recall that, for example, if ID's
Quake3 binary dynamically linked with a library that dynamically
linked with a different version of libstdc++, it would explode.  Is
that still the case?  If this is still a problem, will it affect LLVM
usage in Mesa?