On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Kaspar Bumke<kaspar.bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah that was me on your blog. Thanks for answering here.
>
> I found your work very interesting and would like to continue where
> you left of. I do not have alot of experience, but I can make up for
> it with available time (a year!) and enthusiasm.
>
> I am going to start looking into OpenGL first of all and using and
> developing Mesa3D in general. It will probably be a long time before I
> will be able to use anything you would be pushing at this point.

I'd suggest playing around in OpenGL too. If you can put together a
proof of concept demo or something that did one of the decoding stages
(e.g. H264 mocomp) it wouldn't be too hard to port to Gallium. IIRC
there was somebody in GSoC with XBMC last year who attempted H264. I
don't know how far he got but you could pick up where he left off or
use his work as a reference.