Keith Whitwell pisze:
> On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 11:24 -0700, michal wrote:
>
>> +/*
>> + * Currently, the following constraints apply.
>> + *
>> + * - PredSwizzleXYZW is either set to identity or replicate.
>> + * - PredSrcIndex is 0.
>> + */
>>

> Michal,
>
> This is looking a lot better.  In terms of the above comment, is this
> talking about the semantics of PIPE_CAP_GPU3 ?  Or is GPU3 supposed to
> do full PredSwizzle/PredSrcIndex, just we haven't implemented it
> somewhere (eg in tgsi_exec.c)?
>
> I'd think we want to either:
>       - remove fields from the token so that the comment isn't necessary,
>       - remove the comment and have GPU3 mean that the full semantics are
> available
>       - come up with yet another cap bit to say whether or not full predicate
> semantics are implemented by a particular driver.
>
> Needless to say I don't like the last option, so I guess that means we
> need to decide now whether the full semantics in the token are in or
> out.
>
> How does SM3 fall on these issues?

The SM3 specification explicitly states that the predicate swizzle needs
to be either .xyzw or component replicate. The GL_MESA_gpu_program3 spec
allows arbitrary swizzles (there's nothing in the document that would
say otherwise).

I say, rename PIPE_CAP_GPU3 to PIPE_CAP_SM3 to indicate predicates are
supported with the mentioned swizzle constraints. When the dust settles
on gpu_program3 spec, the state tracker will compensate for the lack of
arbitrary swizzles if needed.

Also, add PIPE_CAP_MAX_PREDICATES to query the number of predicate
registers supported by the driver. That will allow us to remove the
`PredSrcIndex is 0' constraint.