On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 2:24 AM, Luca Barbieri <luca.barbi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> egl/xegl* are working for me on Nouveau NV40, after installing a
> src/gallium/winsys/xlib version of libGL.so.
> Haven't tested OpenVG.
Thanks.  Great to hear that!
> egl_g3d currently requires the winsys/xlib version of libGL.so., that use
> the Mesa xlib driver, which implements GLX dispatch, even though it
> currently only dispatches to Mesa's fakeglx.
> How about adding GLX API support to egl_g3d by creating a GLX dispatch table
> and hooking it into xmesa?
> This would allow to use egl_g3d for both eGL and GLX when using a Gallium
> driver.
EGL drivers based on egl_g3d requires mesa st to run.  glx/x11/ provides a libGL
with only GLX.  The mesa code is found in the DRI drivers, and still,
that is not
mesa st.

The best solution I can think of now is to link in libmesagallium.a
when EGL drivers
are built.  Maybe simply not all client APIs are born equal on X11...
> Also how about using XCB instead of Xlib, so that X11 protocol usage is even
> more direct?
Agree.
> The screen surface and MESA_gallium code also needs porting to egl_g3d.
> Hopefully I can get it working soon.
I've just finished primitive EGL_MESA_screen_surface support.  You will need it
to port.  However, I would like to submit the patch for review after egl_g3d is
merged, in order not to cause confusion.  If you like, I can send it
to you so that
we can cooperate.