I meant, how about having egl_g3d provide the GLX API as well as the EGL
API?
Of course, it will require some code in libGL.so to dispatch glX* functions
to egl_g3d.
That code already exists in src/mesa/drivers/x11/glxapi.c: it would only
need to be passed a suitable dispatch table.

This way, you could run all the usual OpenGL applications/games using only
egl_g3d without any of the legacy src/glx/x11 or src/mesa/drivers/dri code.

> I've just finished primitive EGL_MESA_screen_surface support.  You will
> need it
> to port.  However, I would like to submit the patch for review after
> egl_g3d is
> merged, in order not to cause confusion.  If you like, I can send it
> to you so that
> we can cooperate.

Thanks, that would be quite useful.