On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Mike Stroyan <m...@lunarg.com> wrote:
>> The patch looks good.  But when I tried to make EGL_DRIVER and the default
>> driver also honor EGL_DRIVERS_PATH, it turned out that I need to overhaul
>> both
>> the existing code and your patch.
>> I've attached my version in this mail.  It is based on your work.  Please
>> have
>> a look.  If you think it looks fine, I will go ahead and commit.
> This version looks good enough to check in.
Thanks.  Patches committed.
> I am not fond of the static 'search_path' and 'buffer' variables in
> _eglGetSearchPath.
> It will be one more place to revisit when you come back to work on
> thread safety.
> But I understand that it will reduce the time spent formatting the search
> path.
Yes, that will be an issue.

About EGL thread safety, I don't have an estimated time to work on it.  I tried
fine grained mutexes a while ago, and IIRC it imposed a lot of efforts on the
drivers.  Also, to support various EGL extensions, I had to kepp refining the
mutexes.  FWIW, If I were to do it again, I would prefer to start simple with a
per-display mutex and a global mutex.

-olv