On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 07:38 -0800, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Keith Whitwell <kei...@vmware.com> wrote:
> > Historically we had a lot of helpers in gallium/include, which have been
> > incrementally moved out to gallium/auxiliary.
>
> Is there a way we can structure the code so that the atomic operations
> can be made available for core mesa (I guess I'm talking about the GL
> state tracker/implementation,  either way, stuff like struct
> gl_framebuffer refcounts etc).?

Yes. The [pu]_atomic.h header is pretty much self sufficient. If we
replace the PIPE_CC_xxx by the original predefined compiler macros it
would be completely self sufficient and could be shared between Mesa and
Gallium. Perhaps somewhere inside mesa/include.

Another possibility would be to put the compiler and os abstraction
stuff in a shared component between Mesa and Gallium. Most of the stuff
has the same origin anyway. It requires a bit more of playing with the
build system but it's perfectly feasible, especially now that the os
abstraction stuff no longer depends on other gallium auxiliary modules.

Jose