2010/2/3 Kristian Høgsberg <k...@bitplanet.net>:
> I'm working on a DRI2 driver for the mesa EGL, implementation.  I have
> an egl-dri2 branch in my repo over here:
>  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~krh/mesa/commit/?h=egl-dri2
> I know that the xdri driver also supports dri2 by including the glx
> source, but I don't think that's the best way to do it.  The above
> branch has around 800 lines of code to interface the EGL stack to DRI2
> and it's a nice, self-contained implementation., that mostly just
> forwards to the DRI2 driver entry points.  Also, I'm going to add
> support for EGL with a DRI2 driver on the KMS framebuffer with this
> implementation, something that's hard to do if we try to share the
> sources with GLX.
It is really great to hear about the new driver!  If you like, you can merge it
to mesa master and continue the development there.  Or if you prefer, I can do
it for you whenever you like.  Just ping me.

I don't quite like xdri either, for the same reason.  Once EGL dri2 driver is
merged, I will remove it.  I would also like to remove EGL dri driver once KMS
support is added to dri2.

Last but not least, do you think there will be code duplication between the new
driver and src/gallium/state_trackers/egl/?  Is there a way we can base one on
another?

-olv