On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 10:34:11 -0500
Kristian Høgsberg <k...@bitplanet.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on a DRI2 driver for the mesa EGL, implementation.  I have
> an egl-dri2 branch in my repo over here:
>
>   http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~krh/mesa/commit/?h=egl-dri2
>
> I know that the xdri driver also supports dri2 by including the glx
> source, but I don't think that's the best way to do it.  The above
> branch has around 800 lines of code to interface the EGL stack to DRI2
> and it's a nice, self-contained implementation., that mostly just
> forwards to the DRI2 driver entry points.  Also, I'm going to add
> support for EGL with a DRI2 driver on the KMS framebuffer with this
> implementation, something that's hard to do if we try to share the
> sources with GLX.

Nice, I agree.  This looks a lot like what I was hoping it would.
Aside from fixing the obvious stuff like /home/krh (I don't think
everyone has a /home/krh, though maybe we should codify that :) and
swapbuffers, we'll also need to add a TFP like extension, or is that
already handled by Mesa's EGL core with the current setTexBuffer stuff?

We'll probably also want an INTEL_swap_event for EGL like we have for
GLX, though apparently the common practice for EGL apps is to just have
swapbuffers called in a separate thread, so it may not be that
important.

I'll find you on IRC to talk about some of the other things we might
do; got some interesting suggestions from the Clutter and Qt guys about
handling swapbuffers even better...

Thanks,
Jesse