On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Ian Romanick <i...@freedesktop.org> wrote:

> George Sapountzis wrote:
>
>> I made a small test to test code genration for dynamic extensions in
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~gsap7/mesa/log/?h=getproc-test
>>
>> When using libGL + swrast_dri.so from getproc-test, the dynamic
>> extensions code is not exercised and the test passes.
>>
>> When using libGL from mesa 7.7 and swrast_dri.so from getproc-test,
>> the extension string does contain GL_MESA_test_extension but the test
>> segfaults.
>
> There are a few places where this could break.
>
>  - The generated dispatch stub function is wrong.
>  - The dispatch offset used by the driver is wrong.
>  - The dispatch remapping used by the driver is wrong.

It turned out that there were two bugs in glapi. One with using
non-exec memory and the other with using an un-relocated function
template for entry-point generation. I put fixes at:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~gsap7/mesa/log/?h=getproc-debug

I also tested with libGL pretending to not know fbo extensions, the
fbo* demos and tests render correctly. I get a warning about an
invalid enum in RenderbufferStorageMultisample(target) but i don't
know where it comes from and it does not affect rendering.

Since we are already generating static dispatch stubs for all known
extensions, I guess we can add a few more static stubs and use them,
instead of generating on-the-fly. I put an example about this in the
getproc-debug branch, but I don't know if it's a good idea.

regards,
George.