George Sapountzis <gsapount...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Ian Romanick <i...@freedesktop.org> wrote:
> > George Sapountzis wrote:
> >
> >> When using libGL from mesa 7.7 and swrast_dri.so from getproc-test,
> >> the extension string does contain GL_MESA_test_extension but the test
> >> segfaults.
> >
> > There are a few places where this could break.
> >
> >  - The generated dispatch stub function is wrong.
> >  - The dispatch offset used by the driver is wrong.
> >  - The dispatch remapping used by the driver is wrong.
>
> It turned out that there were two bugs in glapi. One with using
> non-exec memory and the other with using an un-relocated function
> template for entry-point generation. I put fixes at:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~gsap7/mesa/log/?h=getproc-debug

Some comments:

  e38a234.. shouldn't get merged as-is, right?  I mean, there must be
  some sort of mesa_debug macro or similar, so that debug messages are
  configurable.

  ditto for d0b35e9.

  d6c973c is a strange patch; the additions to GLAPI_SOURCES seem
  unrelated to the patch itself.

  977d5d: it seems like there should be some other way to disable this.
  I've been trying to make time to have these XMLs be exhaustive in
  their coverage of GL and GLX extensions, for example, which is good
  for other reasons.

  Most importantly: have you tested with mangled symbols (compile w/
  USE_MGL_NAMESPACE defined)?  It looks like the functions added in
  682971c need #ifdef MANGLE cases.

A few months back, I noticed some cases of doing function lookup
without considering mangled symbols, but couldn't reproduce it in
my setup.  I think it had to do with loading the symbols from a DRI
driver.  It might have even been fine, i.e. a higher level scrubbed out
the mangling.  I guess I'm saying that if you tested mangling && it
still works, great, `done' in my book :)

Cheers,

-tom