From: Manjukumar Harthikote Matha <manju...@xilinx.com>
Sent: Friday, September 1, 2017 04:40
To: Manjukumar Harthikote Matha; Mike Looijmans; Brian Hutchinson; Martin
Siegumfeldt
Cc: meta-xilinx@yoctoproject.org
Subject: RE: [meta-xilinx] How to boot the ZynqMP?

Hi All,

Sorry for writing on top. I wanted to summarize the flow which worked for me
without meta-petalinux layer.

I have poky, meta-xilinx, meta-openembedded and meta-xilinx-tools (all on
master branch)

If you have a build, please make sure to cleansstate fsbl,pmu-firmware,
device-tree-generation, bitstream-extraction recipes before you start

1) Make sure you have meta-oe and meta-python in bblayers.conf (Will apply
Mike's patch on meta-xilinx-tools)

2)Either copy
https://github.com/Xilinx/meta-xilinx-tools/blob/master/conf/machine/include/machine-xilinx-zynqmp.inc
  to local.conf  or include this file from your custom machine

3) Provide the HDF file using
        a) Local path:
                HDF_BASE = "file://"
                HDF_PATH = "<location>/system.hdf"
        b) Or using git
https://github.com/Xilinx/meta-xilinx-tools/blob/master/recipes-bsp/hdf/external-hdf.bb#L9-L10

4) Provide the path to the installed XSDK in local.conf
XILINX_SDK_TOOLCHAIN = "<path-to-xsdk>"

5) I had to add export DISPLAY=:1 before this line here
https://github.com/Xilinx/meta-xilinx-tools/blob/master/classes/xsctbase.bbclass#L48
and
https://github.com/Xilinx/meta-xilinx-tools/blob/master/classes/xsctbase.bbclass#L56

 https://avatars0.githubusercontent.com/u/3189299?v=4&s=400

Xilinx/meta-xilinx-tools
github.com
Contribute to meta-xilinx-tools development by creating an account on GitHub.

We did not observe this issue in Morty, seems to have changed in Pyro or
master. I am still checking how to make a patch using WHITELIST rather than
above approach. Any suggestions?

6) there are two device-tree recipes one in meta-xilinx and one
meta-xilinx-tools, set the preferred provider to one in meta-xilinx-tools in
local.conf
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/dtb ?= "device-tree-generation"

7) bitbake the image
Once the image builds you see the following
BOOT.bin (this will contain fsbl, pmu, atf, bitstream and u-boot)
fsbl-<machine>.elf
pmu-firmware-<machine>.elf
<machine>-system.dts (DTG generated dts using the HDF provided)
<machine>-system.dtb (DTG generated dtb using the HDF provided)

Other images
pmu-<machine> is from meta-xilinx recipe

Thanks,
Manju