Hi Mike,

One trick I do is have the machine inherit from the zynq-mpsoc and override
whatever I need... then I usually can just build like normal and expect the
boot.bin as usual. EG: something like

# add MACHINEOVERRIDES .= ":zc706-zynq7" to your machine config otherwise
those
# overrides in recipes won't apply since the machine name is different
require conf/machine/zc706-zynq7.conf

MACHINEOVERRIDES .= ":zc706-zynq7"

MACHINE_DEVICETREE := " \
gfex/prototype2/skeleton.dtsi \
gfex/prototype2/pl.dtsi \
gfex/prototype2/zynq-7000.dtsi \
gfex/prototype2/system.dts \
"

could be sufficient enough to override for your machine correctly.