...>> I also wish to create online community game like environments, and the
>> flexibility of using high quality graphic transitions (under script control)
>> is also important here.
>
> Transitions are really a special case because you can use them without
> having a "movie" at all (you just give QT two images and a transition,
> and it just does it).  As such, it wouldn't involve the player object
> and would be wired to the "visual effect" command instead.  This is
> already on the feature-request list....

Wow!  This looks very exciting to me.  I have created a program that is a
slideshow/presentation maker.  Having access to more and maybe higher
quality transitions will be awesome!

Gosh, I have said it before and will say it again, I just love this tool.
Scott and the gang are the best.

-Mark Talluto
KIDware Technologies
Education Software Developers