>3. Is there a better way to do this with a MetaCard application? In
other
>words, is it possible with a MetaCard application to do this with
>something like,

You can control another MetaCard app on Windows with DDE and on Mac with
AppleEvents. Problem is an application is locked while executing, so even
if you were able to modify a standalone you would not be able to save it.

I recall a while ago someone posting a script which strips a standalone
of it's stack. If you can indeed do that then you could load that stack,
then rebuild another standalone at runtime under the same
name(overwriting the previous one).

Another thing you could do is include the stack in the modifier
application. The app would modify the stack,save it, then build a
standalone. This way you would only have to distribute that one app,
which would create as many standalones as needed.

Hope this makes some sense.

regards,
Tuviah Snyder
Diskotek
Custom Application Development & SuperCard/HyperCard Conversion at a low
price