> Probably true, if they've learned HyperCard first.  But as has been
> pointed out many times by many different people, learning HyperCard is
> no picnic either, what with all its non-standard behaviors (the
> separate tools and the fact that you can't even do something as simple
> as draw a button with the button tool being the most glaring examples
> of this).

Just to set the record straight, you can. You can draw both buttons and
fields with their respective tools. You need to hold down the command
key while doing it though. The default button is transparent with
showName set to false; the default field is transparent, Geneva 12. This
is the standard way I create buttons and fields.

Choosing a different tool for each object doesn't seem any different to
me than choosing a different painting tool for each activity in a paint
program. The standards here are less clear, but to be fair, different
tools for different activities were the norm when HC was first written.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay        |             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
HyperActive Software          |                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]