It appears that on 1/28/00 5:14 PM, andu [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>So, you would like to have a MC browser. I'm 90% sure it could be done, I

But I don't want just an MC browser. There are word processing beans,
spreadsheet beans, JDBC for accessing databases, graphics beans that do
things we can't currently, and lots of other things. The browser was just
one (startling, to me) example. There are a _lot_ of people interested in
beans, and _very few_ people interested in XCMDs/DLLs.

I've had several conversations with clients now where I had to defend
MetaCard versus another technology. If the client says, "But with Java we
have access to this or that capability," it would be nice to be able to
reply, "We can do the same thing in MetaCard," _even if_ we end up doing
it without Java or beans.

MetaCard is a great tool. The more I look at other tools, the happier I
am with it. But there are things MetaCard doesn't do that Java Beans can,
and if it would be (relatively) simple to get those things into MetaCard,
that could only be good.

gc

Geoff Canyon [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"C.D. Caterpillar teaches kids how to read, not how to watch cartoons."

This is the MetaCard mailing list.