Recently, Ron at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I can't seem to input Japanese
> text into a field.

It may be the case that you can only do this in Japanese "enabled" apps.  I
believe Apple provides a Japanese language kit on your OS CD -- have you
installed it?  This provides a language menu for switching languages on the
fly.  It may actually be possible to input Japanese in this manner but I'm
not certain.

I've been told that installing language kits should provide localized
versions of SimpleText for inputting/editing non Roman characters, though
these didn't seem to install on my system for Chinese.  But I was able to
get the SimpleText apps from another list member and this works perfectly
for cutting/pasting and basic editing.  Ask around if you can't track down
the version you need.

Regards,

Scott