On 17/5/00 2:58 pm, Mary Bull <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Kevin Miller wrote:
>
>> You need to set the directory property of the stack to on preOpenStack to
>> match its fileName.  I think there is a good argument for making relative
>> paths (images, players) work like stackFiles has just been changed to work:
>> i.e. relative to the fileName rather than the current directory?  Scott?
>
> I apologize for being totally dense, but how does this affect stacks already
> in development? For example, I have the following basic structure:
>
> standalone level
> graphics
> graphic1
> graphicN
> index01
> index60
> stories
> story01
> story60
>
> I keep the current directory set for the standalone level and use the
> stackfiles entries to keep track of the whereabouts of everything else with
> the exception of graphics, which are loaded using information relative to the
> directory. For example, the stackfiles entry for the text for Hound of the
> Baskervilles is
>
> hountext,stories/hountext.mc
>
> Has/Will this be changing?

The stackFiles change shouldn't affect your stacks, because you were setting
the directory to be the same as the path to the standalone.  As of 2.3.1B1,
the stackFiles of a stack are now located relative to the path to the stack
that they are the property of (in this case your standalone), rather than
using the directory property.  Does that make more sense?

Regards,

Kevin

> Mary Bull
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/metacard%40lists.best.com/
> Please send bug reports to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, not this list.

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.xworlds.com/>
Cross Worlds Computing, MetaCard Distributors, Custom Development.
Tel: +44 (0)131 672 2909.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.