I appreciate the comments by Chris Condit regarding vector graphics.  I have
a commercial program im MetaCard (www.biblemaps.com) where I have several
hundred maps that have to be converted to bitmap to be imported into MC.
Yet, in order to print cleanly, I still have to include all the maps on the
CD in vector format (in this case, I use PDF format).  As one can see, this
created a lot of extra work, and any change I make to a map has to be
repeated on all the copies.

It would be *extremely* useful for me if I could take something like an
Illustrator file, or a PICT, or a vector PDF and convert it into whatever
format MC uses.  The idea of MC using its own format is fine if I could do a
conversion from these other formats and not have to redraw each one.

Using vector graphics gives beautiful printed output compared to the grainy
output of bitmaps which are either at screen resolution or have to be stored
at higher resolutions for printing.  I second Chris' request to move it up
the "feature request list."  I was a long-time user of SuperCard before
moving to MC for cross-platform purposes and this has been my biggest concern
so far.  Perhaps by being the first to address the cross-platform use of
vector images, MC can *define* what the standard should be for future use.

Philip

Dr. Philip E. Chumbley, Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.
1251 Frontenac Road, Naperville, IL 60563
[EMAIL PROTECTED]