>OK, I am just starting today to try printing from MC. Very simple task:
>
>To make a button that prints the text from two fields of  card
>
>field 1 is a "subject/header" with a short reference
>field 2 is a field with a lot of text in it...could vary from a few K to
>thousands of words..
>
>How do I just "dump" these two fields to the printer?
>
>I looked through the index and all I saw was just the ability to print whole
>cards...but, obviously if your card has a field that scrolls down to pages
>and pages of text....how do you print that? I downloaded mcrg.mc but, what
>is needed is much simpler than that, and I couldn't see in the report
>generator how to configure it for just a text field "export to printer"
>routine.

You could look at the 'Tools:Print Field' menu. This paginates arbitrary
length text and, as you say, 'dumps to printer'.

An alternative is to process the required text to be displayed and printed
in a browser as a 'helper application' which I've most useful. Requires 3
steps: convert the text to html, save as a temp.htm file and launch. This
has the advantage of being cross platform as well as providing a preview
with the option of archiving the generated reports.

/H

Hugh Senior

The Flexible Learning Company
Consultant Programming & Software Solutions
Fax/Voice: +44 (0)1483.27 87 27
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: www.flexibleLearning.com