At 1:06 am -0500 24/7/01, Jacqueline Landman Gay wrote:
>Yay! From the 2.4b4 Read Me:
>
>>  The showFocusBorder governs whether a focus border is drawn around the
>>  object when it has the keyboard focus.
>
>Thanks so much, Scott.

Thanks too.

But give us an inch.....

I asked before for a way to turn off Drag and Drop in fields. But
looking at it again, I think the behavior of the Drag and Drop should
be changed slightly.

In the current beta, after selecting text, clicking down on the
selection *immediately* switches to the Drag and Drop cursor, and any
subsequent dragging of the mouse will move the selected text.

This means we can't change our selection by clicking in the currently
selected text (to select a new start position) and dragging
elsewhere. (I've already made a royal mess of a script by trying to
do this.)

I'd prefer a slight delay (half a second perhaps) before the Drag and
Drop mode kicks in. Before that time, dragging the mouse should just
change the selection in the conventional way. Also, more visual
indication that Drag and Drop is now on would be nice. (e.g. border
round the selected text, more obvious cursor, warning siren <just
kidding>, etc.). Most apps I use that have drag and drop do something
like this.

Ideally, I'd like to have the option to turn Drag and Drop off and
have the above behavior when it is on. But I'd probably settle for a
slightly more forgiving implementation than the current one.

If none of this is possible right now, then my preference would be to
disable Drag and Drop completely in this release. (The current
limitation of dragging within a field gives it limited usefulness.)

Cheers
Dave Cragg