At 4:29 PM -0700 7/24/2001, Geoff Canyon wrote:
>I understand that -- I'd just like another way to cancel a
>drag and drop (again, at the OS level -- not suggesting MC
>try to set a new standard here. If the thing being dragged is
>small, it can be hard to hit.

Tip: You can standardly cancel a drag (on MacOS) by dragging up into the
menu bar. Just tried it in b4, and it looks like it doesn't do this -
instead it appears to drag to the closest point inside the field.

I'd suggest the drag should be canceled when you drop outside the field,
with the special cursor canceled when the mouse moves outside the field.
(Later on when field-to-field drags are possible, this would turn into
"outside any eligible field".)

--
Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.runrev.com/